Designer Laser Vaginoplasty® (DLV®)
Designer Laser Vaginoplasty® (DLV®) is a comprehensive category consisting of the aesthetic vulvar procedures designed by Dr. Matlock.
Designer Laser Vaginoplasty® (DLV®) procedures include the following:
- Laser Reduction Labiaplasty with Reduction of the Excess Prepuce
- Laser Reduction Labiaplasty of the Labia Minora
- Laser Reduction Labiaplasty of the Labia Minora with Reduction of the Thickness of the Labia Minora
- Combination Laser Vaginal Rejuvenation® with Designer Laser Vaginoplasty® (DLV®)
- Combination Laser Vaginal Rejuvenation® and/or Designer Laser Vaginoplasty® with other cosmetic surgical procedures (liposculpturing, Brazilian Butt Augmentation, etc.)
- Liposculpturing of the Fatty Mons Pubis and the Labia Majora
- Laser Reduction Labiaplasty of the Labia Majora via Vertical Elliptical Excision
- Labia Majora Augmentation via Fat Transfer (or fillers)
- Laser Reduction Labiaplasty of the Labia Majora via Extension of the Perineoplasty
- Suprapubic Lift of the Vulvar Structures
Preparation for any Designer Laser Vaginoplasty® procedure, which involves the vulvar structures, will be the same.
During your consultation you should provide a complete medical history and a list of medications, including vitamins and herbs.
Here are some tips that may help you shorten your recovery time and decrease your chances of complications.
- Discontinue using Aspirin (including medications that contain Aspirin), Ibuprofen, Naprosyn, St. John’s Wort, Vitamin E and other supplements as directed. These act as blood thinners and could cause excessive bruising, bleeding or other complications. We will give you a complete list of medications and herbal supplements to avoid prior to your procedure.
- Stop smoking for at least two weeks before and one week after surgery, as nicotine can impair circulation and healing.
- Do not drink alcohol in excess for two weeks before your procedure and one week after the surgery.
Every patient is given a pudendal block (nerve block) during surgery for postoperative pain control anesthesia. The pudendal block will last between 18-24 hours. After the block wears off, the pain is primarily located in the perineum (area outside of vagina and above the anus). The characteristic of the pain is consistent with the discomfort noted after an episiotomy or perineal body tear, as a result of childbirth. The patient will receive a narcotic and a lidocaine rectal suppository for pain management. This combination of medications is sufficient to control any discomfort one may have.
Ice should be applied to the perineum and vulvar areas intermittently for the first 48 hours while awake. The ice should be applied off and on in twenty-minute intervals.
Patients who have had LVR® with treatment for incontinence included in the surgical procedure, will have a urinary catheter for four days postoperatively. This is a small leg bag that can be worn under a dress, skirt, or within the pants.
During the recovery period, patients are not to engage in sexual activity for six weeks. No sexual activity or exercise (yoga, spinning, cycling, Pilates, weightlifting, etc.). Most patients return to work in one week. Others, whose job may be more physically demanding, may require more time off of work.
The results of your Laser Vaginal Rejuvenation® and/or Designer Laser Vaginoplasty® procedure will be complete at six weeks postoperatively. At that time, patients can resume all sexual and physical activities without any restrictions.
Get started here.
Your journey begins right now. Coming this far is the first step to achieving your cosmetic goals and aspirations. Dr. Matlock is standing by to begin the conversations that will change your life, build your confidence, and provide you the happiness that comes from looking and feeling your best. Fill out our secure request form below to learn more, or to schedule your consultation in-person, or via FaceTime or Skype with Dr. David Matlock. We look forward to understanding your vision further and making your dreams a reality.
Before & After Galleries
Dr. David Matlock is proud to have one of the largest Before & After Patient Galleries in all of Los Angeles, featuring hundreds of his satisfied patients from around the world. Click the link below to view all Patient Cases across all of the procedures we offer.
David Matlock, MD, MBA
Dr. Matlock is a world-renowned cosmetic surgeon known for his innovative techniques of Laser Vaginal Rejuvenation®, Designer Laser Vaginoplasty®, and Advanced Surgical Bodybuilding®. As a cosmetic surgeon to Hollywood’s elite, A-List celebrities, international royalty, and the most discerning of patients, Dr. Matlock’s expertise and attention to detail speaks for itself. We invite you to contact us today to speak to Dr. Matlock about your aesthetic goals and ambitions.